"Y" (WYE) Strainer
Cascade Flow Control Solutions stocks and distributes Y Strainers from Titan Flow Control. Y Strainers (or "WYE Strainers") mechanically remove debris in pipeline with a cylindrical straining element, often called a screen. They can be placed in horizontal or vertical pipelines (downward only) and require regular cleaning of the screen for proper operation.
Features of Titan Y Strainers
- All Titan Cast Iron and Carbon Steel strainers are epoxy painted providing an increased resistance to rust and corrosion.
- Hex ends on threaded units allow for quick and easy installation.
- Finer filtrations are possible with precision machined screen seats in both the body and the cap. This also helps to ensure proper alignment during assembly.
- Encapsulated gaskets extend the life of the gaskets and aid in preventing a gasket blowout.
- Large strainer bodies provide a large open area ratio that minimizes pressure drop.
- Drain/Blow-off plugs are provided at no additional cost on applicable models. Blow-off valves can be installed in-house to enable self-cleaning and reduce maintenance time at the job site.
- Numerous straining element options are available (perforation, mesh, and material) and Titan can quickly provide replacements when needed.
Call us at (800) 661-6129 to request a quotation for a Y-Strainer today!
LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC FLOW CONTROL PRODUCT OR SUPPLIER?
LET OUR EXPERTS DO THE WORK FOR YOU.