Basket strainers are used to mechanically remove debris in pipelines with a straining element that is shaped like a basket. Basket Strainers are typically used in horizontal pipelines. In most cases, they provide more open area for debris collection than a Y strainer and need less frequent cleaning.
Features of Titan Basket Strainers
- All Titan Cast Iron and Carbon Steel strainers are epoxy painted providing an increased resistance to rust and corrosion.
- Hex ends on threaded units allow for quick and easy installation.
- Finer filtrations are possible with precision machined screen seats in both the body and the cap. This also helps to ensure proper alignment during assembly.
- Encapsulated gaskets extend the life of the gaskets and aid in preventing a gasket blowout. Models that offer an over-the-top flow path also feature a basket/seat o-ring.
- Optional cover designs are available including bolted, quick-open, and more.
- Large strainer bodies and sizable straining elements provide a large open area ratio that minimizes pressure drop and maximizes time between servicing.
- Drain and cover vent plugs are provided at no additional cost on applicable models. Blow-off valves can be installed in-house to enable self-cleaning and reduce maintenance time at the job site.
- Numerous straining element options are available (perforation, mesh, and material) and Titan can quickly provide replacements when needed.
LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC FLOW CONTROL PRODUCT OR SUPPLIER?
LET OUR EXPERTS DO THE WORK FOR YOU.